Monday, November 18, 2013

Ground rules

Please understand that over many years and many successes and failures, the grey matter gets a bit soft.  The medulla is responsible for the basic vegetative functions of life. Breathing and so forth. Often these days, I think my higher level of thinking is based in my medulla and not in the cerebral cortex. And no, I haven’t started wetting myself….yet

Let me say, I’m not a writer. I’ve never been schooled in the demonstrative syntax that draws folks in, yet I hope my story and the stories of the folks who helped me along the way find a place in your heart.
Before I move forward, I would be remiss if I didn’t thank my old and dear friend Laurie Larson Stone for giving me the inspiration to blog this crazy journey. I haven’t been the greatest friend, but that doesn't diminish the love and respect I have for her & Randy.

So here is the point where I need some help. When I share & document the going’s on, should I use the real names of the folks I worked with. I would never violate the privacy and sanctity of offering a patients name, purely out of the respect they deserve as well as the respect their families deserve. Trust me when I tell you that there are some patients, and many of you would know them, whose names, addresses, and so forth I’d love to give out if for no other reason than retribution. Sanity dictates that I don’t do that.
If you would rather not have your name used in this crazy tirade, drop me a note and I’ll come up with an alias.

Next post: Really? We are ambulance drivers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment